First generation German immigrants Ferdinand and Anna Nagel in 1883 homesteaded what was eventually to become Sonny Acres farm. Back then it was known as the Oakwood Farm. Together they farmed 100 acres and
erected a one-room home where they resided until they built the present farm house in 1895.
In 1914 the farm was passed down to the Nagel's only son, Edward, and his wife Elizabeth. They raised five daughters, one of whom is Ramona Nagel Feltes, the present owner. She was born, along with her sisters, in the Oakwood farmhouse where she still resides today.
In 1941, Ramona married Victor Feltes, a high school classmate and World War II veteran. It wasn't until 1951 that the couple began producing and direct marketing seasonal produce from a small roadside table. The name Sonny Acres found its place when in 1954, Victor and Ramona had their seventh son of eight sons and one daughter.
Today, Sonny Acres is known as a pumpkin farm where family and friends can enjoy a pleasant fall outing together in celebration of harvest time.
Coming Soon we will have a place to submit your photos or videos of Sonny Acres.